At Your Survey Ltd, we recognise that safeguarding your personal information is important. This policy describes the types of information we collect and sets out how we process this information. This policy complies with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) & the Data Protection Act, as required by UK law.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out an enquiry form on our website; and when you request us to book a surveyor to undertake an inspection. By requesting a quote or booking a surveyor on our website you are giving your consent for us to process and store the personal information you provide.
You may, however, visit and browse our website anonymously.
Information is collected for the purposes of:
- To provide the user with a quotation.
When requesting a quote from our website or over the telephone we will collect your name, e-mail address, phone number, and details of the property that you wish to have your quote based upon, such as type of property, number of bedrooms, and estimated value or purchase price.
- To arrange booking of services with agents/vendors.
When requesting to book your survey, we will collect the information aforementioned in section (1) with the additional information: your current address, the name and phone number of the estate agents and/or the name and phone number of the vendor of the property (Your information is only shared with the surveyor whom undertakes the service). Where you provide vendors details you understand that you are responsible for the personal information you share and confirm that you have the third party’s consent to provide their name and contact number.
- We keep data on our system for internal analysis and performance benchmarking.
What do we use your information for / How is information processed?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide you with a quote; we may call you on the phone number provided for the purpose of providing and discussing your quote. We will send you a quote to the email address provided and also a text sms message. We may send periodic follow-up emails regarding your quote. You can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link located within the emails, or by replying to the email asking to be unsubscribed.
- To provide you with the service requested. If you instruct Your Survey Ltd to book an inspection we will use your contact information to confirm booking information and general communications relating to the requested service.
- If you choose to instruct us to book your surveyor we may send your name, email address and order ID to Reviews.co.uk, which is an independent review service. In which case your email address will be used to send you an invitation to participate in the review process. You can opt-out from this by clicking the unsubscribe link within the invitation email.
- We keep data on our system for internal analysis and performance benchmarking. The information we collect is normally retained for a period of 5 years from the date of first contact. The information retained is for analytical purposes and performance monitoring. E.g. we may run searches on our system for a given period to see how we performed to previous months in specific postcode areas. Similarly data is assessed and used to drive our marketing efforts.
We will not sell or otherwise pass your data on to any third party apart from the aforementioned; the surveyor whom undertakes your survey and to reviews.co.uk.
Retention of data
The information we collect is normally retained for a period of 5 years from the date of first contact. All the information retained by Your Survey Ltd is stored within the UK.
Right of access / removal of any personal identifiable information held by us
You may at any time you request a copy of all information relating to you. (your personal identifiable information). To request this information please email Info@yoursurveyltd.co.uk.
Under the ‘right to be forgotten’ principle you may request us to remove (delete) all personal identifiable information, which we will execute within 72hrs upon request. To request to be forgotten please email Kelly Leishman via Kelly@homeandbuildingsurveys.co.uk
If you choose to request held information relating to you and/or request that your information be deleted we will contact you to verify your identity and confirm your request.
Secure Site – SSL
Our website uses a Secure Socket Layer (commonly called an SSL certificate) to encrypt all data being transmitted between your browser and our web server to ensure that no personal information can be intercepted. This is denoted by the https: web address prefix. Click on the padlock in your browser address bar for details of our SSL certificate.
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Your Survey Ltd, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from disputes relating to or involving the services provided by us.
We use Google Analytics (Google Inc.) Google Analytics provides us with anonymous information such as, how people have found our website, which pages they have visited, which browser they have used, how long a visitor stayed on a specific page, etc. These statistics are important to us so that we can make our website more effective and help us with our on-going marketing decisions. No personal identifiable information is gathered as a result of this activity.
By using our websites or obtaining a quote from your survey ltd, or by instructing your survey ltd to arrange your survey you agree to and consent to the above policy.
Last modified 06/05/2018